Get race-day ready with our exclusive Cup package.
▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️ Manicure + Pedicure + Spray Tan + Vitamin C facial for just $250! ▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️
To help you look your very best, here are our Best Beauty Tips for
Hoping for a SUNNY day at the Melbourne Cup? Just remember, the SUN is NOT your skin’s best friend.
#1 of our Best Beauty Tips for Melbourne Cup Day is:
Don’t TRASH your skin at events.
Avoid Sunburn. Be sure you wear sunscreen and drink plenty of water.
- Nothing ages your skin faster than a sunburn or chronic sun exposure.
- It can even cause an increased risk of skin cancer.
- So wearing sun protection is a no-brainer.
But it’s amazing how, just a few champagnes later, you’ll forget to re-apply your sunscreen!
- We recommend physical-based sun block like Sun Juice.
- Apply every 2 to 3 hours, or more frequently if needed.
- Bring your own large, non-breakable mirror in your bag.
Then there’s getting enough water – which is also easy to forget to do when you’re caught up in the heat of the moment.
#2 of our Best Beauty Tip for Melbourne Cup Day is:
H2O – Drink Water Between Alcohol Based Drinks – and STOP drinking alcohol before you start to get too tipsy
If you stay hydrated (that means drinking 1 to 2 glasses of water between every alcoholic beverage), your SKIN – and your BODY – will thank you the next day.
- Staying HYDRATED also means you’ll need to visit the facilities on a regular basis.
- This is the time to remember to reapply your sunscreen at the races.
- It’s also a good time to check in with yourself (or with your friends) to be sure you’re not over-imbibing sun and alcohol don’t mix very well.
So, if you’re going to be in an area where the LOOS are not exactly upscale, BRING your own hand-held MIRROR (ideally a non-breakable one).
So WEAR Sun Protection (Cosmeceutical brands) and reapply regularly, drink plenty of H2O between other drinks, wear a WIDE BRIMMED HAT & EYE PROTECTION when you’re outside.
#3 of our Best Beauty Tips for Melbourne Cup Day is something you may have NOT thought of about…
Alcohol and Sun Exposure
- Alcohol affects your level of Vitamin A in your skin; so be sure to put a good Vitamin A cream on at night. Try Environ’s Vitamin A Step-up.
- Again – be sure you DO get adequate water intake.
- Your skin needs HYDRATION (every second drink should be a large glass of water); and drink more water before you go to bed.
- Hyaluronic serum with Vitamin B is also helpful to hydrate the skin after long days in the sun try Germanie de Capuccini HydraForce Hyaluronic Serum.